Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New Kicks

A couple months ago I entered into "The World's Greatest Trail Competition" by Ecco Biom. I was chosen as a finalist with a photo from the Oriflamme preview run and a short description of my journey to becoming an ultramarathoner (or would that be ultramarathonist? haha). I didn't win the competition but I did score some new kicks and a voucher for Gore Running Wear. Check out my new kicks!

Love the reuseable canvas box

The goods 

Love the black and purple - how did they know I love these colors together?!


The heel looks crazy to me! This is very different from the minimalist shoes I've been sporting lately. But mama needed new trail shoes.

My new signature shoe pose! 

I never truly liked the traditional view of showing off your kicks from your own personal view. You only get to see the top of the shoe and as we all know the real story of the shoe is in it's sole. Here is the description of the shoe from www.eccousa.com.

  • Biomechanical flexible midsole construction allows a natural running motion and perfect ground adaption
  • Construction offers a perfect balance of flexibility and support
  • Direct-injected PU midsole
  • Excellent grip and traction on loose and muddy surfaces for the everyday adventurer
  • Offers the support the foot needs combined with superb sock-like fit
  • Rugged rubber outsole with specially designed traction pattern
  • Stable for tough terrain without compromising on flexibility
  • Yak leather uppers with a reinforced midfoot

I'm pretty excited to test these tonight. It is National Running Day afterall and I'm hosting a run in Stevens Point, WI. Hope to see you there! 

In stride with all my love,

Lacy


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment